1. Global Health and Humanitarian Summit: (Atlanta)
April 2013 at Emory University (see you at the 2014 event)
2. Guantanamo Bay 5K Run for Haiti: (Guantanamo Bay)
April 21, 2012 at 0700 (Other 5K Runs planned for 2013 & 2014)
3.Haiti First Lady's Reception: (Atlanta) (Date pending)
4. Haiti Golf Tournament:www.heritagegolflinks.com (Atlanta)
October 8th 2012, (Other fundraisers are planned for 2013)
5. Next Shipments – Ambulance / Resources / Equipment (Sister Hospital shipments planned for summer & winter of 2013)
6. Next trips – Summer 2013, November- December 2013, Summer 2014
7. Partnerships – (areas of focus)
• Water, Sanitation, Environment
• Agriculture, Food, Nutrition
• Health Care (medical/public health/dental/mental/rehabilitation)
• Shelter, Housing, Infrastructure
• Documentary / Photojournalism
8. Microenterprise Projects
Under the leadership of Mrs. Mona Adams, Linda Chukwura, Dr Elsie Joseph, and Dr Yves-Marie Georges, G.I.A.N.T. Non Profit organization is working with First Lady Sophia Martelly to address some of the health needs of our brothers and sisters in Haiti. We made a pledge to ship over one million dollars worth of medical supplies and equipment in 2012 and 2013.
G.I.A.N.T. Non Profit team members visited several hospitals in Haiti as part of our summer 2011, and summer 2013 health needs assessment trips. We met with the medical directors of each hospital and we discussed the needs of each hospital with both First Lady Sophia Martelly, and the Minister of Health.
As of now over $500,000 worth of medical supplies and equipment have arrived in Haiti.
One of our first shipments was made possible by Northside Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia. Mr. Joe Beasley and Nell Diallo of Medshare were very instrumental in facilitating the partnership with Northside Hospital.
MedShare International was responsible for the loading of our first shipment to Haiti on Thursday December 1st 2011.
Many thanks to our partners:
Mr Joe Beasley
A.D. King Foundation
The Haitian Consulate in Atlanta
The Haitian Alliance
Food for the Poor
Vickie Elisa and Mother's Voices (Georgia)
Many thanks to First Lady Sophia Martelly, and we look forward to our continued partnership with First Lady Sophia Martelly and the people of Haiti
Support Award winning photographer Bryan Meltz
Support GIANT GLOBAL
Support Haiti !
GIANT Global Haiti Division is currently focusing on three major projects in the country dealing with water and sanitation, nutrition, the provision of medical supplies and equipment, and community development in rural communities of Haiti.
• The first project is a collaboration with the non-profit organization, Boreholes International. This initiative will ensure clean, safe, and accessible water for rural communities.
• The second project is a collaborative effort with the non-profit organization MedShare International, to improve healthcare delivery by distributing necessary medical supplies and equipment to qualified healthcare facilities.
• The final project focuses on developing local capacity through initiatives that foster community development in the areas of education, agriculture, food and nutrition, healthcare, housing and infrastructure.
By supporting our efforts in Haiti, you lend to the development of a safe and sustainable Haiti.
Take Action For Haiti!!!
Take action now by purchasing one of the many products, making a tax deductible donation, or by becoming a sponsor of the Nou Kapab campaign. Our goal is to raise 3 million dollars. Of that goal, we already have a commitment of 1 million dollars in medical supplies from MedShare International. Your support is greatly needed and will directly aid our community development efforts in Haiti.
Together We Can Make A Difference!
Make a Purchase at our online store!