Haiti First Lady Sophia Martelly and Dr. Alawode Oladele
GIANT GLOBAL Haiti Upcoming Events
2012 / 2013
1. Global Health and Humanitarian Summit: (Atlanta)
April 2013 at Emory University
2. Guantanamo Bay 5K Run for Haiti: (Guantanamo Bay)
April 21, 2012 at 0700
3.Haiti First Lady's Reception: (Atlanta)
4. Haiti Golf Tournament:
October 8th 2012
5. Next Shipments – Ambulance / Resources / Equipment
6. Next trips – Summer 2013, November- December 2013
7. Partnerships – Organizations
• Water, Sanitation, Environment
• Agriculture, Food, Nutrition
• Health Care (medical/public health/dental/mental/rehabilitation)
• Shelter, Housing, Infrastructure
• Documentary / Photojournalism
8. Microenterprise Projects
Under the leadership of Mrs. Mona Adams, Linda Chukwura, Dr Elsie Joseph, and Dr Yves-Marie Georges, G.I.A.N.T. Non Profit organization is working with First Lady Sophia Martelly to address some of the health needs of our brothers and sisters in Haiti. We have made a pledge to ship over one million dollars worth of medical supplies and equipment in 2012.
G.I.A.N.T. Non Profit team members visited several hospitals in Haiti as part of our summer 2011 health needs assessment trip. We met with the medical directors of each hospital and we discussed the needs of each hospital with both First Lady Sophia Martelly, and Dr Claude Surena who is the Coordonnateur Commission National pour la Reprise du Secteur Sante.
As of now about $500,000 worth of medical supplies and equipment have recently arrived in Haiti.
The first shipment was made possible by Northside Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia. Mr. Joe Beasley and Nell Diallo of Medshare were very instrumental in facilitating the partnership with Northside Hospital.
MedShare International was responsible for the loading of our first shipment to Haiti on Thursday December 1st 2011.
Many thanks to our partners:
Mr Joe Beasley
A.D. King Foundation
The Haitian Consulate in Atlanta
The Haitian Alliance
Food for the Poor
Many thanks to First Lady Sophia Martelly, and we look forward to our continued partnership with First Lady Sophia Martelly and the people of Haiti
GIANT GLOBAL Haiti team with First Lady Sophia Martelly
Support Award winning photographer Bryan Meltz
Support GIANT GLOBAL
Support Haiti !
GIANT Global Haiti Division is currently focusing on three major projects in the country dealing with water and sanitation, nutrition, the provision of medical supplies and equipment, and community development in rural communities of Haiti.
• The first project is a collaboration with the non-profit organization, Boreholes International. This initiative will ensure clean, safe, and accessible water for rural communities.
• The second project is a collaborative effort with the non-profit organization MedShare International, to improve healthcare delivery by distributing necessary medical supplies and equipment to qualified healthcare facilities.
• The final project focuses on developing local capacity through initiatives that foster community development in the areas of education, agriculture, food and nutrition, healthcare, housing and infrastructure.
By supporting our efforts in Haiti, you lend to the development of a safe and sustainable Haiti.
Take Action For Haiti!!!
Take action now by purchasing one of the many products, making a tax deductible donation, or by becoming a sponsor of the Nou Kapab campaign. Our goal is to raise 3 million dollars. Of that goal, we already have a commitment of 1 million dollars in medical supplies from MedShare International. Your support is greatly needed and will directly aid our community development efforts in Haiti.
Together We Can Make A Difference!
Make a Purchase at our online store!
Supplies on the way to the Cholera Treatment Center